Sunday, February 15, 2015

Grisaille Fox Girl

Here is a recurring character from my "thought" library. This time I was inspired to work with a softer black and white than previously seen in my other pieces. I used a square brush in Photoshop, set roughly to 100%, 50% and 20% opacity as needed. I switched between black and white liberally, opting for an additive method.

I am considering adding a background so there will be a little more context to the image. I don't think it is necessary, but I could use to work on adding interesting backgrounds to my figural work. In addition, since the image is already a grisaille, using color layers set to multiply over the current image would be an easy upgrade (and good practice). Maybe these upgrades will be the subject of a future post.



No comments:

Post a Comment